Monday, February 20, 2012

The Storm


The storm raged on. I covered the windows with the curtains. “Renee, I’m really scared.” Makayla said, wrapping herself in the wool blanket. I went over to comfort her, placing my hand on her shoulder. “It’s going to be ok. We’ll just watch a movie or something, until the storm is over.” I explained, grabbing a spot on the couch. She jumped over the seat to sit next me. She grabbed the remote, pressing the on button. TV flicked on, the screen fuzzed. “What the heck?” Makayla exclaimed. Suddenly, everything thing was dark. A high-pitched scream came from beside me as Makayla buried her face into the wool blanket. “Makayla!” I said, giving her a serious look. She shrugged her shoulders apologetically, and inched closer. I sighed, wrapping her blanket around my shoulders. Winds gusted, making the whole house shake. “Let’s just, go to bed, it’ll clear up in the morning.” I decided, grabbing her shoulders and bringing her to my room. Things WOULD clear up in the morning, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment